Much Hadham Dental Care
Registered with the Information Commissioners Office, registration ref Z1908559.
In providing you with our services, Much Hadham Dental Care Ltd will usually handle your personal information. Personal information is information about you from which you can be identified, such as your name and contact details. This will typically include sensitive personal information such as medical information.
If we make a change to any of the ways in which we process personal information, we will update this policy.
Confidential and Medical Information
The confidentiality of your personal information is of paramount concern to Much Hadham Dental Care Ltd and we comply with UK data protection law and all the applicable medical confidentiality guidelines issued by professional bodies such as the General Dental Council.
Your confidential medical information will only be disclosed to those involved with your treatment or care, or in accordance with UK law and guidelines from professional bodies, or for the purposes of clinical audit (unless you object). If we provide you with our services and that service ever transfers to a new provider, we may share your personal and confidential medical information with the new provider.
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We have put in place physical, electronic and operational procedures intended to safeguard and secure the information we collect. All of our staff have a legal duty to respect the confidentiality of your information, and access to your confidential information is restricted only to those who have a reasonable need to access it.
When using our website, if the URL of a web page starts with HTTPS, or you see a locked/green padlock symbol, your data should be encrypted when it is sent from your computer to our server. However, we cannot ensure the security of your data when it is being transmitted to our website or other digital sites from other pages. All transmission of personal information and other data is done at your own risk.
Information submitted to us through a website is normally unprotected until it reaches us. In addition, users are also requested not to send confidential details or credit card numbers, for example, by email.
Information We May Hold About You
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- Basic details such as name, address, contact details and next of kin.
- Details of contact we have had with you.
- Details of services you have received.
- Patient experience feedback and treatment outcome information you provide.
- Information about complaints and incidents.
- Notes and reports about your health and any treatment and care you have received or need.
- Information from customer surveys, competitions and marketing activities.
- Recordings of calls we receive or make.
- Other information we receive from other sources, including from your use of websites and other digital platforms we (or our group companies) operate or the other services we provide, information from business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, or information provided by other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
When We Collect Your Information
Information about you is collected when:
- You use our services.
- You submit a query to us, for example by email, telephone or social media, including where you reference us in a public social media post.
- You participate in any marketing activity.
We may also collect personal information about you from other people when:
- We liaise with your family, health professional or other treatment provider. We may only share information in this way where you have provided your consent or in circumstances where you are incapable of giving consent, or we are unable or it is not reasonable to seek your permission, or we are required to by law or in accordance with guidance from professional bodies.
Using Your Information
We use your personal information to provide you with our services, and to improve and extend our services. This may include:
- Responding to your queries.
- Supporting your medical and dental treatment.
- Internal record keeping and administration.
- Responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so.
- Checking the accuracy of information about you, and the quality of your treatment or care, including auditing medical and billing information.
- Supporting another of your healthcare professional.
- Assessing the type and quality of care you have received and any concerns or complaints you raise, so that these can be properly investigated.
- Using your contact information to send you service related information.
- Using your contact information to send promotional material about new products, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting (see ‘Keeping you informed’ below for more information).
- Using your contact information to give you an opportunity to complete a customer satisfaction survey.
using your contact information to conduct and analyse market research.
We do not share your personal information with anyone outside of our dental practice to use for their own purposes, except:
- When we have your permission.
- When we are permitted or obliged to do so by law.
- If there are other exceptional circumstances, and we are unable or it is not appropriate to seek your permission.
In the event that we sell or buy any dental business, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary and in accordance with UK law.
Keeping You Informed
We would like to keep you informed of the products and services that we consider may be of interest to you (via mail, email, phone or SMS). When we collect your information, we will ask you if you would like us to keep you updated in this way. We may use your personal information to:
- Decide which services we think are relevant to you.
- Decide which media, including social media platforms, would best be utilised to reach the patients who wish to receive marketing materials.
- Contact you with details of our products and services, including displaying interest-based adverts via social media.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our products and services, or at any time you change your mind about receiving these messages, please contact us by the means displayed below.
If you have any data protection queries, please contact us at:
Mail: Much Hadham Dental Care, The Old Surgery, High Street, Much Hadham, Herts SG10 6DA
You can also contact us to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to ask us to correct or remove (where justified) any inaccurate information. We may charge a small amount for providing you with a copy of your personal information. We may also ask you to provide additional documentation to confirm your identity or, if you are seeking to access personal information of another individual, proof of their consent or your legal right to receive their personal information.
We review and update this notice regularly.
Privacy Notice for Children
The practice keeps records of your name, address, date of birth and details of any health problems as well as details of your dental treatment and details about your family. We keep this information so that we can provide you with the best dental care. Your personal information is kept confidentially and securely.
We only use your personal information to provide dental care and for sending appointment reminders to you.
We only pass your personal information to another dentist, doctor or hospital if you have a problem that needs their special skills and you need to go and see them. We will not give your information to anyone else unless the law allows us to or we have to provide it for legal reasons.
If you leave the practice, we will stop using your information, but will keep it confidentially and securely until you are 25 years old, when we will review if and when we can delete it. You can always ask for a copy of the information we hold for you, we can transfer it to another dentist or doctor at your request and you can ask us to stop using your personal information to send letters or contact you in other ways if you are no longer a patient at the practice.
When you reach 18 years of age the Privacy Notice about how we process your personal information will change to the adult version.
If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you or if you have any other enquiries it about such as to change an error in your information or to provide a copy of your information to somebody else please contact the practice.